The month that was: February and March 2018


What happened:
I went to the Winnie-the-Pooh: Exploring a Classic exhibition at the V&A (cute, but quite short), did some bouncing around at Flip Out (in my head I thought I'd do some somersaults; the reality was I wimped out!), freelanced for most of March, had family come round for a Mother's Day Sunday lunch, did a fair few job interviews (I start a new role in April) and, finally, we headed to Kent for Easter.

What I ate:
We went all-in at Blacklock, one of my favourite places to go for a Sunday roast in central London, and headed to Northcote Road for pizza at Made in Italy and steak at Arlo's. (On separate occasions!) Whilst I've raved about Made in Italy many times before, this time round the service was really awful. Arlo's was a delight though. It's in no way a romantic place, but the steak is awesome. I also had dinner at The Refinery.

What I watched:
TV-wise, in February we finished watching The Grand Tour and Mindhunter, and also watched Altered Carbon and The End of the F***ing World. In March we blitzed through season one and two of The Crown (loved it), and tried to get on board with Star Trek: Discovery (I couldn't). We dipped in and out of episodes of Black Mirror, and also watched the latest series of Top Gear.

Films watched in February: In Bruges, School of Rock, The News Boys, Arrival, Thor: The Dark World, Baywatch, Table 19, Ghost in the Shell, La La Land, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Fast and the Furious 8, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Social Network and The Object of My Affection.

Films watched in March: The Martian, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Baby Driver, The Mummy, The Mask, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Wonder Woman, Ant-Man, Annihilation, Captain America: Civil War, Hitch, Dr Strange and Blade Runner 2049.

At the cinema we watched Black Panther and I, Tonya in February. In March we watched: The Shape of WaterLady BirdGame Night (three moments were eye-wateringly hilarious; the rest of it limped along), Tomb RaiderReady Player One 3D (super enjoyable, though different from the book), Isle of Dogs (brilliant), A Wrinkle in Time (awful), and Pacific Rim: Uprising.

What I read:
In February I read 17 books and abandoned reading six books. My favourites (4* reads) were: The Lucky Ones by Mark Edwards, The Mermaid's Sister by Carrie Anne Noble, and A Dark Mind and Almost Dead by T.R. Ragan.

In March I read 16 books and abandoned reading six books. My favourite 4* reads included: Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan, The Stolen Marriage by Diane Chamberlain, Sugar by Deidre Riordan Hall, Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram, and Recipe for Love by Ruth Saberton. I also loved rereading The Martian by Andy Weir.

Hope you had a lovely Easter! x

No comments