The month that was: December 2016

What happened:
Another quiet month for me, though the highlight was, naturally, putting up our Christmas tree! We got a gorgeous real 8ft beauty, which we adorned with lights, baubles and tinsel. The Jack Skellington bauble we bought in Magic Kingdom kept an eye on things from the top of the tree. Now, if only it was acceptable to have a tree in your house every month of the year!

Realising I'd not seen much of the Christmas decorations in London, we went for a stroll taking in the Coca Cola truck, Christmas market at the Southbank, the tree at Trafalgar Square, the Christmas market at Leicester Square, and the decorations at Covent Garden. Amazingly, it wasn't too busy either, though we did pass on queuing up to visit the new LEGO store in Leicester Square.

I'm glad we did that though and I had some festive cheer because when Christmas Day rolled round, I woke up in the early hours with the winter vomiting bug... Merry Christmas! Present-wise, Olly bought me an awesome snuggly dressing gown from John Lewis and tickets to see Aladdin on the West End, plus I got a few other bits. As for New Year's Eve, we spent ours at home this year, eating yummy food and drinking bubbles.

What I ate:
Eating out, I had a curry at Alishan in Tonbridge, tried PizzaStorm in Wandsworth, and ate a cheeky Nando's. However, because I was so ill, there was no Christmas dinner for me this year. Boo!

What I watched:
TV-wise, we blitzed Westworld, which I really enjoyed, and I also loved watching the screening of Disney's Broadway Hits at the Royal Albert Hall. At the cinema I saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I felt it wasn't as good as Episode VII, and it was too battle-y for my taste, but I do need to watch it again - midnight showings are not for me! I also watched Passengers, which I thought was too long, but overall enjoyable.

Other films watched: The Finest Hours, Home Alone, Finding Dory, Nerve, Home Alone 2, The Night Before, The Holiday, Love Actually, Star Wars IV: A New Hope, Zoolander 2, Jingle All the Way, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Santa Claus: The Movie, The Princess Diaries, Nativity, The Secret Life of Pets, Liar Liar, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, How to be Single, Men in Black II and Bad Moms.

What I read:
In December I read 26 books and abandoned reading 2 books. There were no 5* books for me this month, but I did share my top 5* reads of the year.

Hope you had a lovely December, and that 2017 treats you well! x

No comments