The month that was: August 2016


What happened:
I started writing book 6, title TBD, and I can't wait to share Audrey Huckle's story with you all. Since you had book 5 in August - Found was published on the 9th - you're going to have to wait for book 6. I'm so thrilled that readers are loving the final Arielle book, though I may have said, once or twice, that I don't think it will be the last EVER book in the series... See, I wrote Kept back in 2007, though it wasn't published until 2013, and in the past three years I've written a further three books in the series. I need a break from Arielle and company!


Writing aside, I headed to Bounce this month to celebrate a 30th birthday, which was fun, even though I'm not very good at ping pong, and I headed to Notch to celebrate Glossybox's 5th birthday party. My brother and sister-in-law also came to visit without the children, so we had a busy weekend which included a trip to the theatre to see Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Towards the end of August, I did some copywriting work for a client, and I finish that just before we go on holiday. Yes, Florida is NEXT WEEK, and everything is sorted out after we had to rejig our plans. We're still going to Orlando for some serious theme park time, but we're also going to Key West *and* Miami for a week of R&R. I'm super excited! I can't wait to share all of the photos and my thoughts when we're back, though I will be sharing snaps on Instagram whilst we're there so make sure you follow me.

What I ate:
I had dinner at my favourite cheap and cheerful Vietnamese restaurant, Pho, and we headed back to Roxie Steak with my brother and sister-in-law. Their cue sharing platter is *awesome* value. It's not Wasabi - my favourite place for a lunchtime katsu curry - but I discovered Kokoro in Kingston who do a super generous portion at a reasonable price. I'm also a fan of Domino's new Italiano pizzas - those Roquito cherry peppers. YUM! (Though never mozzarella for me on pizzas. I swapped mine for pepperoni. NOM.)

What I watched:
The Rio 2016 Olympics - of course - plus the One Night in 2012 documentary about the London Olympics. (I can't believe that was four years ago!) I'm so happy we came second in the Olympics, and I hope that Team GB do just as well in the Paralympics. We watched a few more episodes of Mr Robot, which I'm still not convinced by, and I'm nearly finished with Pretty Little Liars.

Films watched at home: A Walk in the Woods, Gravity, The Ides of March, Kill Your Friends, The Martian and Minions. At the cinema we saw: Jason Bourne, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, Suicide Squad and War Dogs.

What I read: 
In August I read 21 books and I abandoned reading two books. My favourite reads were Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan, The Singles Game by Lauren Weisberger and Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I also reread Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which is definitely one of my favourites in that series. {^_^}

How was your August? x

No comments