Writer Wednesday: Aven Ellis


1. Why did you want to become a writer?
I have wanted to be a writer since I was about ten years old. I’ve always loved developing characters and telling stories.

2. What's the toughest part of the writing process for you? 
Without a doubt, the editing process. It’s very tedious to me.

3. What's the most enjoyable part of writing? 
Creating stories that make people laugh and fall in love. I love hearing that readers turn to my books for light reading and enjoyment.

4. Out of all the amazing books out there, which book do you wish you had written and why? 
None. I enjoy writing my own books, and I’m happy with that!

5. If you could only save one of your characters from fictional calamity, which would you pick and why? 
Hmmmm, hard question! But probably William Cumberland from Connectivity. He’s very smart and could get us out of any crisis.

6. If you could spend the day with your favourite literary character (not from your books), who would you spend it with and what would you do? 
Any of Holly Martin’s heroines. Her characters are funny and smart. We’d go to a coffee shop and dish for hours.

7. What can we expect next from you? 
Another hockey rom com! The Definition of Icing is coming out on May 27.

8. Is there any particular writing advice you wish you'd been given at the start of your writing career? If so, what is it? If not, what advice would you give to someone starting out? 
I had no idea you have to do so much of your own marketing. I would advise any writer to be prepared to promote your own work and find the right social media avenues to do so.

9. Tell us what a typical writing day involves for you. 
It’s always on a Saturday, right around lunch, and goes for a couple of hours. I always have a cup of coffee with cream as I write, too.

10. Finally, what are you reading at the moment? 
The Body Book by Cameron Diaz. I’m a sucker for fitness and health books.

*

Surviving the Rachel:
Bree Logan is ready to start her post-college life, but when she’s dumped by The One, unable to land a professional job, and has to move back in with her parents, she doesn’t think things can get worse until she ends up with her hair chopped into The Rachel, the infamous haircut made famous by the show Friends. Which is not good since it’s no longer 1994.

But sometimes you have to go through challenges to get what you really need, and for Bree, could that include a different career and a romance with Jack Chelten, the boy-next-door?


Follow Aven on Twitter | Buy her books on Amazon |
Visit her website | Like her on Facebook

No comments