2014 review and 2015 resolutions

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely New Year's Eve, and I wish you all the best for 2015. What did you do to bring in the New Year?

I'm not going to dwell too much on resolutions because my 2015 ones are the same as 2014's: Keep on writing, stay healthy, and stay happy. (I never did manage to stop buying books and clear my TBR pile; it's about the same number as it was this time last year!)

Now, for the important bit: In 2015 you can expect not just the sequel to Kept, but also a third book... Kept is part of a trilogy: Kept. Lost. Found. What do you think to that?! I'm sorry I never released a book in 2014, but hopefully these two will make up for it this year!

So how did my 2014 pan out, other than me not publishing a book? Well, I had two awesome holidays: Olly and I went on a birthday city break to Barcelona, then we had an Italian Adventure in Florence, Rome and Sicily. We went to his sister's beautiful wedding in February at Hever Castle, and officially welcomed Compost Cat to our little family in April.

We visited the Royal Albert Hall twice - first to see Cirque du Soleil, and then later in the year to see Jools Holland. At the theatre I saw: Let the Right One In, Matilda, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Wind in the Willows - I absolutely loved Matilda and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - plus we attended the opening night of Monty Python Live (Mostly) and we went Back to the Future with Secret Cinema.

I gave beauty boxes and food boxes a go, and ate a beautiful meal at Tom Kerridge's marvellous The Hand and Flowers. (A-mazing; we're going again this year!) As always I did plenty of touristy things close to home: I visited Buckingham Palace, hung out in the ICEBAR, took tours of White Hart Lane and Shakespeare's Globe, queued a lot at LEGOLAND, plus saw London from up high.

TV-wise we zoomed through The Sopranos, Orange is the New Black, True Detective and Nurse Jackie, plus watched the latest seasons of 24, Game of Thrones and (half of) Homeland. Book-wise, I read 212 books... Oh, and my book went to #1 in the Amazon.com best sellers chart. I still can't believe that happened! (Getting to #1, not reading all those books, that is!) Here's hoping I have further chart success this year!

Of course there were lows in 2014 for me - nobody is free of bumpy points, no matter how glossy their social media profiles shine - but, all-in-all, 2014 was a great year. Here's to making 2015 an even better year though! As well as publishing my next two books this year, we have a house move, a big birthday to celebrate (I'm leaving my twenties behind - eek!), plus lots of laughter, love and unknown adventures ahead!

How was your 2014? What are you looking forward to this year, and have you made any resolutions? I hope you all have a wonderful year. x

No comments