Beauty: Glossybox UK December 2014 review

I found December's Glossybox to be somewhat lacking, sadly, and definitely missing a spot of Christmas cheer. (Snowflakes on the packaging and a red ribbon don't make the grade!)

The hydra boost pure hyaluronic acid serum sounds somewhat scary - acid for my face just sounds disturbing - and my face felt sticky/tacky for a while after I had applied the serum. It does feel soft now, though I'm not convinced of any benefit using this serum over other products that I have.  

The Bella Pierre cheek and lip stain comes in the colour "coral". They also sell it in pink, which I think would have been a better colour for me. The product does what it's supposed to but I can't really rave about it.

I've not used the Anatomicals day and night spot stick yet, but I will give it a go if I get a spot. It does seem a very teenage product though; the packaging uses language like Professor Pimple, and I don't think I'm quite their target market! 

The TRESemmé renewal hair and scalp tonic was another odd product as I've never really thought to treat my scalp specifically. Whilst I'm not sure what it's done to my scalp - whether it's benefited it - my hair did feel a bit softer afterwards (you lift the tonic up through your roots once you've applied it to your scalp).

Finally, I received a nail lacquer from All That Jazz. It's a festive colour, but not one I'm too keen on. (I'm a nude nail person - it is a perfectly nice colour.) I won't use this nail lacquer and will make it a competition prize in the New Year for someone who *is* a fan of coloured nail lacquers!

As I said in my review of December's My Little Box, I am taking a break from beauty boxes as it feels like I have enough products to last me until next Christmas. I'll be sharing my thoughts on my beauty box experiment soon, as well as my favourite finds, but I am pleased overall with Glossybox. I may not have discovered a new beauty "must-use" this month, but the box is brilliant value.

Glossybox costs between £8.50 to £10 per month, depending on how long you subscribe for, excluding P&P. Which beauty box is your favourite? x

No comments