Beauty: Glossybox UK November 2014 review

Uh-oh! After been utterly thrilled with my first Glossybox last month, I was disappointed with the box when I first opened it... this was until I started using the products, and now I'm actually pretty pleased with what I got. (Don't judge a book by its cover!)

This month I received two full-size products, three samples, and a voucher card. I really wish one of the full-size products had been the H20+ Face Oasis hydration treatment, instead of the 8ml sample I received. It's a really great moisturiser to use after cleansing, though they don't call it a moisturiser, and this is a product I will strongly consider using in the future.

I've never heard of OGX before, so I wasn't sure what to expect of their renewing Moroccan argan oil shampoo and decided to have a scout on Boots. Turns out that they have lots of different "flavours" of shampoos and conditioners, and most of their reviews/ratings are positive. I found the shampoo to be a shampoo, if I'm honest: I didn't notice anything above and beyond a typical shampoo when I washed my hair. It cleaned my hair, and and whilst it didn't smell unpleasant, it didn't smell amazing either! It's a great size sample though, ideal for long weekends away.

The Monu refining Capri facial oil sample is for oily or spot-prone skin, which my skin isn't, but I still gave it a go. My first thought was that it needs a better delivery method as it flows out quickly. Applying the oil made my face extremely shiny and oily, but it did absorb quite fast. After a few hours though, my skin felt really dry and tight so I needed to apply my normal moisturiser. This is definitely not for me!

I've probably mentioned before that I'm not a fan of lip products, preferring to stick to simple lip balms like Carmex, but I really liked the full-size Burt's Bees lip shine. I was sent "Pucker", which gives a subtle red colour, and I can see myself using this lip shine. It left my lips feeling super smooth, plus there's the reassurance that it's a 100% natural product. 

The Lollipops Make Up eye pencil is great because it's a retractable one, so there's no need to worry about sharpening it (though if you expose too much of the crayon, you do have to worry about snapping it!), but it would have been nice in a colour other than black - most people probably have a black eye liner already, and will be less likely to buy another colour to experiment with. It's likely that I'll end up giving this one away as I received another black eye pencil in this month's My Little Box and it will just sit gathering dust!

I also received a £20 voucher to spend at BestSecret. This is valid for a year - perfect since Christmas is coming - and I have to spend £60 to get the £20 off. I've already spotted some awesome Diesel jeans in the sale for £70.90, so I don't think this will be too difficult to find something I like when it comes to me using the voucher!

OK, so whilst I said that I wasn't initially impressed when I opened this month's Glossybox, it turns out I'm (mostly) a fan of the products I received. For £12.75 a box, with P&P, Glossybox is proving to be excellent value, and I'm looking forward to receiving December's box.

What do you think to this month's Glossybox? Sign up to Glossybox here if you want to try a box for yourself. x 

No comments