A trip to Ireland

Since I'm back in Ireland at the end of this week, I thought I better hurry up and blog about my first trip there earlier this month! As I mentioned in my post about the beautiful Glendalough, we were over in Ireland for my friend's wedding, and then we headed up the coast and back to Dublin to celebrate Olly's 30th birthday.

One of the places we stopped off on the way back to Dublin was Bray. It's just a little seaside town, but it was lovely to take in some sea air. Like Glendalough, Bray is a great place to visit if you like a spot of hill walking or, if you're a little less active like Olly and I, you could just walk the mile along the promenade and then have some chips!

After Bray, we headed to Dublin where we had a suite booked at La Stampa on Dawson Street. We were in the Athena suite, which was absolutely lovely, and it's definitely a place I'd stay in again. Doesn't it look lush?

Dawson Street is a two minute walk from Grafton Street - the posher shopping street in Dublin - and situated between Trinity College and St Stephens Green, so it really was the perfect location to explore the city from. Dublin is quite a small city; you can easily get around by foot. The other famous shopping street in Dublin is O'Connell Street which has an abundance of statues down the middle of it, the HQ of the Irish Post Office, and also the Spire of Dublin:

     

I'm doing a bus tour of Dublin this weekend so I will blog more about the sights next week, but I still have to tell you all about the yummy food we ate, our trip to the Guinness Storehouse and about Dublin Castle from my first trip to Ireland this month. Until then though, have a great day! x

PS: Long-term readers of the blog might remember my trip to Dublin Castle in 2010 when I messed up my camera settings and came away with no decent pictures. Doh! Luckily, this wasn't the case this time round - phew!

No comments