Hopeful.

It may be a business term, but I'm happy to say that we're in Q2 following a pretty bad Q1. January was freezing and miserable outside, plus we had a steady influx of engineers and what not visiting the house as everything decided to pack up at once. Still, putting a positive on it, I now know how to grill landlords and estate agents to ensure that when we move house in a few months time that our new home will be tip top and fully functioning!

February was horrific. I never want to experience that ever again. It was tough. Actually, tough doesn't cover it but, as they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'd like to think I'm stronger but sometimes there's that thought that pops in your head - that you can't control and stop - and things become bleak. Those thoughts are rarities now, thank goodness, and I have hope that things will be just fine. Hope is a darn good thing.

Which brings me to March. My body decided to fail in March. I started off with a sore throat and cough which morphed into flu - not to mention this coincided with the house breaking once again and us having no heating or hot water for two weeks - and then I just couldn't get better. I was constantly exhausted, craving sleep but burning up with fever, and was a physical wreck. I recovered, headed off to Milan with a slight cold and sniffles, only to return to the UK and be ill all over again. It wasn't fun.


But, that's all over with now and we're in April. April has been perfectly jolly so far - it looks like Spring may finally be here - and it has helped that there are lots of lovely things happening this month. There's my book, for a start. Due to the before mentioned reasons, I couldn't get it ready to be published last month but it will be out within the next week or two which is pretty exciting! (Understatement. And more soon!)

We'll be going up The Shard this weekend and next weekend we have a pretty cool Shoreditch Sunday planned, as well as a 90th birthday to celebrate. A visit to Whitstable is also happening to celebrate my twenty-eighth birthday, before ending the month celebrating again with friends over burgers, ribs, pulled pork and beers. Yes, I do like the sound of April. How has your 2013 been so far? x

No comments