PC11: Share something that makes you smile

If you saw my post yesterday, you'll know that WordPress are challenging their users to post every day (or week if that's too tricky) and are issuing prompts to help you out if you're struggling for inspiration. After seeing this video, I decided I had to answer yesterday's prompt which is to share something that makes you smile.

I ruddy love this short video from LEGO, so much so that I watched it 3 times in a row. And yes, it has definitely made me smile each time. (There's also this fab video from them that explains where ideas come from - love it!)


Recently, I've also smiled because of the following:

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, Wall.E, Upstairs Downstairs and The Pretty Reckless' album.

For the first time, I read A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (I know, I know) and I absolutely loved it. The description is spot on and Scrooge really comes to life - there's a great sense of characterisation for him. As it's quite a short book (around 77 pages), I think I shall be making this a tradition to read every Christmas. Brilliant!

Ditto for Wall.E, it was the first time I saw Pixar's 2008 gem and I'm wondering how I could have missed seeing this at the flicks. It's ridiculously heart-warming and has the brilliant quote of "Waaaaaaaaaaaall.E" ... no, I'm kidding. The quote is from the Captain and sums up the film beautifully: "I don't want to survive; I want to live!" And yes, I teared up at the end. If you've not seen it, what are you waiting for? I don't care if you're at work - go and watch it!

Upstairs Downstairs was remade and aired on the BBC for Christmas 2010 and I managed to catch it on the iPlayer this week before it disappeared - I'm very glad that I did! There's some brilliant dialogue and the house is divine; it captured 1936 life in London beautifully and the plot was credible and convincing.

Finally, Light Me Up from The Pretty Reckless has dominated my listening this week. Likened to Hole, Taylor Momsen's  voice sounds beyond her 17 years and is edgy and catchy. A fabulous listen - if you've not heard it, have a listen.

What has made you smile this week, and what have you loved? xoxo

No comments