Holiday reads

Over the past two weeks I've been placing mammoth Amazon orders. For my holiday reads, you understand. Not at all because I am a book-buying addict. Which is why my to-read pile now stands at 68 books. Oops.

The trouble is, I keep reading the books I bought for my holidays because they are the most appealing. This also happened when I was a child, so much so that my 'rents would have to confiscate my summer reads until it was time to go away.

So, what I need to do today is choose my books and take them down to London so I can't read them until I'm on holiday.

For my beach holiday in Crete, I'm thinking of reading:
  • A Summer Fling - Milly Johnson
  • Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
  • Pictures of Lily - Paige Toon
  • The Ghost - Robert Harris

And for my city break in Budapest:
  • Bel-Ami - Guy de Maupassant
  • The Junior Officers' Reading Club - Patrick Hennessey
  • Midnight Girls - Lulu Taylor

Now, I just need to make sure that I *do* take them to London and I don't read them! Has anyone read any of these? What are your planned holiday reads, or what books are you looking forward to reading this summer? x

1 comment

  1. I'm stocking up on books for my vacations, too. :-) Yesterday I picked up "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks and Helen Fielding's "Bridget Jones's Diary." I'm hoping to finish Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist" by the time I leave on Tuesday. I'm also probably going to read "The Picture of Dorian Gray" again because I simply can't resist doing so. I'm also probably going to read "Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen, as I read "The Sugar Queen" last year and was really pleasantly surprised by it. That's all I've got so far. I'm quite looking forward to some downtime on the beach and then in the mountains next week!

    ReplyDelete